Morley Music Society (MMS) is recruiting an Assistant Musical Director/Accompanist (dependent on experience) for September 2020. Our current Accompanist is retiring at the end of our 77th season to dedicate more time to his full-time career.
MMS is Morley’s Mixed Voice Choral Society of around fifty singers, founded in 1943. We perform three main concerts each year: Autumn, Christmas and Spring, singing a wide range of repertoire. There is also a variety of other social and special events held throughout the season.
We currently rehearse from September to March in Central Methodist Church Hall, Morley, meeting between 7:15pm and 9:15pm on Mondays. Under the leadership of their recently appointed Musical Director, choir members voted to permanently extend MMS’s musical season. We anticipate that our 78th season will run from September 2020 to June 2021. There will be more concerts, community music-making and charitable work undertaken by the society within this period. It’s an exciting time for MMS and we are looking for a suitably passionate and qualified individual to assist with this transition.
• Passionate about music-making
• Confident and proficient pianist and organist comfortable with a wide range of musical styles
• Confident and proficient sight-reading including open and closed score reading
• Sensitive and tactful musician/accompanist
• Proven track record working with choirs and/or community organisations
• Degree in Music and/or related subject
• Reliable and committed to the society
• Sense of humour and ability to connect with a wide age range
• Able to lead sectional rehearsals
• Able to conduct and deputise for the Musical Director as appropriate
• Confident and skilled singer
• Higher-level organist qualifications e.g. ARCO
• Higher-level performance qualifications e.g. DipABRSM
• Pursuing a career within music and the arts
Please provide a brief statement outlining your suitability for the post alongside a copy of an up-to-date CV by the 24th February 2020 by emailing our Musical Director Jason Hawkins at email@example.com
This post is paid with negotiable rates.
Shortlisting will take place shortly after the 24th February with potential candidates invited to rehearsal and interview on the 9th of March.
If you would like an informal conversation, please do not hesitate to contact Jason (Musical Director) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07776325725.